Please call to make a reservation. Night and weekend spots are available.
Customers can apply for a U.S. passport or passport card at Chester Public Library, which is an officially-designated passport application acceptance facility.
You must apply in person if any of the following are true:
- You have never been issued a U.S. passport or
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued or
- Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
- Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen or
- Your name has changed since your previous U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
How To Apply
Please note, there are special requirements for minors under age 16 and minors age 16 and 17.
STEP 1: Complete and Print Form
Note: Do not sign the DS-11 form until the Passport Agent instructs you to do so.
STEP 2: Submit Completed Form + Additional Documents
Submit your completed application form and the following additional documents.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following)
- U.S. birth certificate
- Previous U.S. passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Citizen Certificate
- Certificate of a U.S. Birth Abroad
- Proof of Identity (one of the following; originals only - no copies)
- Valid driver's license (not temporary or learner permit)
- Previous U.S. passport book or passport card
- Certificate of Naturalization with identifiable photo attached
- Certificate of Citizenship with identifiable photo attached
- Government employee identification card (federal, state, county, municipal)
- Official U.S. military or military dependent identification card
- Current (valid) foreign passport
The Chester Public Library offers photo services during passport center hours for a fee (see below). Applicants can also present one passport photograph taken within the past 6 months. Photos must be 2x2 inches in size (no exceptions). It should be front view with a white background. The applicant must be the only person in the photo. See Photo Requiremnts.
STEP 3: Pay the Applicable Fees
TWO non-cash payments are required: One made payable to the U.S. Department of State and one made payable to The Chester Public Library.
Payment to the U.S. Department of State - Payment to the Department of State must be in the form of personal checks or money orders. Cash is not accepted.
||Age 16 and Older
||Under Age 16
|Regular Processing (6- 8 weeks)
|Passport Book and Card
|Expedited Processing* (2 - 3 weeks)
|Passport Book and Card
|Overnight delivery (for Passport Book only)
||+ $15.89 to total cost
* The additional costs cover the expedited processing and express mail.
Payment to Chester Public Library - You may combine payments to the Library in one personal check or money order if there is more than one application. Cash is not accepted.
|Execution Fee (required):
||$35 for each application form
|Photo Fee (optional):
||$5 per customer
Note: additoonal fees may apply if printing forms at the library.